What do you predict will be a big development or issue in ed tech for 2012?  You may not be Nostradamus, or even the ghost of Criswell, but I bet you've got some inklings of the future.  Put on your prognosticator's hat and give it a go!

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely the rise of tablets in teaching and learning--this will continue to grow.  I'm curious to see who out there has implemented some tablet/ereading device into one or more of their classrooms.

How to keep up with the iPhones and iPads. We have a golden opportunity to provide kids with "anytime, anywhere" learning, but you need a change of mindset amongst teachers/admin for this to happen.

This may not happen in 2012, but I don't think it is going to be much longer that we actually type on keyboards.

I think we will use speak to text programs. I sure would help my spelling. Maybe this is just wishful thinking.

Check out our new "Top 12" for some ideas from Lisa Gonzales and me: http://www.acsa.org/FunctionalMenuCategories/Media/LeadershipMagazi...
This one is also interesting!

7 Social Media Predictions for 2012
http://mashable.com/2012/01/06/social-media-predictions-2012/

Wow! those all show how social media is evolving quickly, thanks Devin!  It is so interesting to see how companies really try to create new and novel mediums for collaboration, interaction, sharing, and networking.  It is so important for schools to do the same--create innovative opportunities for all stakeholder groups to work together.  

Perhaps the rise of BYOD, given the challenges of funding technology in schools today.

I know IT people get very paranoid about this, as do site administrators.  But with proper protocols and strong AUPs, then it could work.

I couldn't agree more.  We've got to open the doors at school to personal tech, as difficult as that may be.

RSS

Save the Date!

TICAL Arkansas at the Data Conference

July 19-20, 2018
Hot Springs, AR
Learn more.

TICAL Staff

Rowland Baker, Executive Director

Michael Simkins, Ed.D., Consulting Director

TICAL Newsletter

Receive New at TICAL updates when new resources are added to the TICAL portal by signing up on the TICAL web site.

See the most recent New at TICAL.

TICAL is the one-stop, technology portal for school administrators, by school administrators. You'll find over 800 resources.

Badge

Loading…

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by TICAL.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service