Name and Title:
Dolores Gende, K-12 Director of Instructional Technology
School or Organization Name:
Parish Episcopal School
Area of the World from Which You Will Present:
Dallas, TX, USA
Language in Which You Will Present:
K-12 Administrators and Faculty
Short Session Description:
Individual Professional Learning: when faculty owns their professional growth!
Full Session Description:
This session will present our school’s innovative professional development model to assist faculty in advancing student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
Our professional development program is known as “IP” for individual plan for teaching and learning.
At the core of this plan is the understanding that for professional development to be effective, it has to be meaningful, relevant and differentiated i.e. individualized.
Participants will examine how our successful professional development model was born, how it is being implemented and how it is assessed.
By the close of this session participants will learn strategies for effectively developing their own professional development program
Participants will be able to:
1. Understand the importance and rationale of conducting action-research prior to developing a professional development model
2. Apply strategies for designing and implementing a sustained professional development model
3. Design an assessment plan that will clearly determine if the professional development plan was successful, effective and if it had an impact in teaching and learning
4. Learn strategies of how to empower “teachers training teachers”
5. Select appropriate digital tools for faculty and administration communication and collaboration
6. Select appropriate digital tools for reporting the results of the professional development program
7. Create and use digital tools for surveys and faculty self-reflection
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: